Are you a Cape Cod homeowner planning on replacing or upgrading your roof? When it comes to roof remodeling, there are several things homeowners need to be aware of so you can make an educated decision to select the right roofing contractor to install a quality roof on your home.
• Hire a professional licensed and insured roofing contractor Be sure the contractor carries comprehensive liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance to protect you in the event of a roofing accident on your property. This can be confirmed by asking to see the contractor’s certificates of insurance.
• It is important to determine the contractor’s intent to guarantee his workmanship and to service a valid complaint in a reasonable time period, typically between one and five years. This is separate from the manufacturer’s warranty of the materials/shingle.
• Several roofing manufacturers offer training and certification programs to professional contractors. Factory training and certification are strong indicators of a roofers degree of experience, knowledge, and commitment to the roofing trade.
• Ask for several references. Talk to other homeowners who have worked with the roofing contractor, and ask to see photos and/or visit a couple of job sites.
• The roofing contractor should provide you with several grades of shingles, which are specified by brand and manufacturer. Be sure to understand the difference between options including color, style, reinforcement and UL ratings.
The warranty details which cover the shingles should also be specified in the pricing. When it comes time to repair or replace your roof, we hope these tips will help you in selecting a qualified roofer who can offer you professional advice for your specific needs, and install a long lasting, high quality roof which will add to the life and aesthetics of your home.