These helpful tips from Gibson Home Inspection will let you know what to expect during the inspection and allow you ample time to prepare for the inspection.
- Allow approximately two to three (2-3) hours for a full inspection.
- Arrange the date, time and duration with buyers agents and /or occupants.
- Be sure all utilities will be on and systems operational the day of the inspection (water, electric, gas and/or oil).
- Occupant should provide access to all areas of the home. Stored items should not inhibit access.
- Advise occupants that all equipment and systems will be operated by a professional and will be left in the condition they were found.
- The buyer should be present if at all possible.
- Have the buyer’s full name, address and phone numbers available.
- Have the correct inspection address and directions to the property.
- Please give us a minimum 24 hours for cancellation or postponement notices, if possible.