Swimming Safety Tips ~ Prevent Accidents
- Use non-slip materials on the pool deck, diving board and ladders.
- Electrical equipment should be installed by a licensed electrician in accordance with local safety codes. Faulty electrical installations could cause serous or fatal electric shock.
- Incorporate steps or a ladder at both ends of the pool.
- Mark water depths clearly, and use a safety float line where the bottom slope deepens.
- Enclose the pool with a high fence, equipped with self-closing, and self-latching gates.
- All doors which give access to a swimming pool should be equipped with an audible alarm which sounds when the door and/or gate is opened.
- Keep a life saving floatation device near the pool.
- Learn more about pool safety at the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website: www.cpsc.gov
Home ♦ About Us ♦ Past Issues ♦ Media Kit ♦ Privacy ♦Puzzle Answers ♦ Contact Us